Writing- Students have been working hard on researching a famous scientist or inventor. They are wrapping up their presentations and sharing over the next few days. They have done a GREAT job. They really enjoy getting to share with their classmates what they learned about their topic. We will begin our 2nd quarter writing prompt on Tuesday and work on it over the rest of the week.
Reading- We are wrapping up the quarter in reading, too. We will be reviewing main idea, theme, and author's purpose this week and will take the 2nd quarter reading assessment at the beginning of next week.
Math- we have been working on telling time to the nearest minute and I am SUPER impressed with how fast your little smarties caught on. We will review this over the next week and will continue working on elapsed time!
Science- Measuring properties of matter. We have been talking about how to measure the different types of matter and what tools to use. This week, students will get a chance to try out some of those tools!! :)
*We have so many opportunities to give this holiday season. As a class, we have been talking about Christmas being a time to give to others. Willard East currently has 3 different Christmas drives going on and are a great way to help others out this holiday season:
- The H.U.G.S (Hats, underwear, gloves, and socks) Tree is set up by the office! Donate any of these items and hang them on our tree! Bring new items in by Dec. 16!
- This week we are collecting items for the Willard Food Pantry. Each class has a different item to bring. Our class is responsible for......Toilet Paper!!!!!! This drive is going on this week!
- If your family is interested in helping provide presents for local families in need then click HERE! View this spreadsheet and put your name next to items you plan to bring in. These items need to be brought to Willard East by Thursday, Dec. 10th.
* 4th Grade Christmas program Tuesday, Dec. 15th @ 2:30 &7:00
* Holiday Party- Dec 18. (More info coming soon!!!!!)
**Dec 18th is also a 1/2 Day of school. Students will be released at 12:35